- Release Date: 06/20/2015
- Created by: Bin Deng <bdeng1 at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>, Qianqian Fang <fangq at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
- License: This realistic digital breast phantom is released in the public domain, feel free to use for any purposes
- 1. Download
- 2. Introduction
- 3. What's in the package
- 4. Tissue optical properties
- 5. Footnote
- 6. Reference
3. What's in the package
- Original 2D mammogram from an anonymized healthy volunteer. Pixel size: 0.05 mm.
- Down-sampled (1 mm) fibroglandular tissue volume fraction map.
4. Tissue optical properties
With the provided fibroglandular tissue volume fraction map, users can freely build your own breast phantom by multiplying the optical properties of fibroglandular, adipose, and cancerous tissues to the volume fractions at each pixel/node.
|Tissue type ||HbO (μM) ||HbR (μM) ||μs’ (cm−1) |
| at 690 nm || at 830 nm |
|Adipose ||13.84 ||4.81 ||8.51 ||7.13 |
|Fibroglandular ||18.96 ||6.47 ||9.25 ||7.75 |
|Malignant ||20.60 ||6.72 ||9.57 ||8.01 |
The mesh data is in the public domain.
If you use this mesh in your publication, please cite the mesh
version number to avoid conflict to any further updates of this
mesh. We are also appreciated if you can cite the papers for
iso2mesh or CGAL in your publication.
[Deng2015] B. Deng, D. H. Brooks, D. A. Boas, M. Lundqvist, and Q. Fang,
"Characterization of structural-prior guided optical tomography using realistic breast models derived from dual-energy x-ray mammography,"
Biomedical Optics Express 6(7): 2366-79 (2015). doi: 10.1364/BOE.6.002366
[Fang2009] Q. Fang and D. Boas, “Tetrahedral mesh generation from
volumetric binary and gray-scale images,” Proceedings of IEEE
International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging 2009, 1142–1145 (2009).
[CGAL2009] L. Rineau, S. Tayeb, and M. Yvinec. 3D Mesh Generation. In CGAL Editorial Board,
Ed, CGAL User and Reference Manual. 3.5 edition, 2009.